Wednesday, April 29, 2020


Here’s the difference between me and you:
You got a rebound
I got a tattoo
You got a quick fix
I wanted permanence

You wanted to forget my eyes
And the compassion they were storing
I’ll keep an image of them swollen
As I survived the bitter mornings

You erased from your mind
My legs wrapped around the sheets
I’ll remember running out the pain
The rage pounding off my feet

You blocked the memory of my lips
You used to love how full they were
Now I picture them around a bottle
As I down a fifth of liquor

And you ignored how my stomach felt
Inside your arms when you were playful
Ill only tie this to the jolts of nausea
My drunken purge of betrayal

While you try to fill the void
But the nights start to feel lonely
with regret you cant avoid
Please refrain from leaning on me

Don’t reach out to me
With “remember whens?”
Ive made a scrapbook of the damage
I turn it page by page as my advantage
It whispers “never again, never again, never again”
































No comments:

Post a Comment

No Parent is Perfect

Growing up, children learn from what their parents do. Your words to a child only serve as a mantra, a phrase they are familiar with. These ...