Thursday, April 30, 2020

Bargaining

I want to kill the sick part in me
The part of me that likes the sick in me

The part that guzzles down my drink
Driving down the road, bargaining

With God-- daring him to try me
My heart is hardening
While my thoughts are darkening
The road sparkling
But my ears are buzzing

And I remember that I'm sad

Then I remember nothing
Why is my knee bloody? 
Now my fingers are drumming
I think i'm losing my mind

Every bitter gulp tastes sweet to me
And they should've named me irony
'cause this is a safe place for me

Comfortable with chaos
Grounded when I'm high
I am found when I am lost
Too damn dead to die

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Parent is Perfect

Growing up, children learn from what their parents do. Your words to a child only serve as a mantra, a phrase they are familiar with. These ...